Re: short Botnet list and Cashing in on DoS

  • From: Andrew D Kirch
  • Date: Wed Oct 13 01:13:34 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 19:32 -0400, Ricardo "Rick" Gonzalez wrote:
> In the future, I'd be careful about posting this list to nanog, rather
> than privately to their respective  security and abuse desks.
>
> I realize your intentions were good, but it's been pointed out before
> that this mailing list is monitored by the crackers controlling a lot
> of the bot networks, including Gregory "OseK" Taylor, Brian Bruns, and
> Andrew "Trelane" Kirch, so it's probably not a good idea to fuel them
> by listing the IP addresses of users with compromised machines.
>
> ---R

Let me make this clear, I have never and will never run a DDoS netowrk,
or any sort of botnet.  I don't even have an eggdrop.  Thus I suggest
the following.  A: publically refute and apologize for this baseless
claim.  or B: show evidence that would be admissable in a court of law,
such as the one you'd be in if you were sued for slander because of
these remarks.

Baseless accusations are stupid, especially on a public and web-indexed
mailing list, after all you never know who's watching.

I apologize for bringing this up yet again, but 1. IRC, and specifically
EFnet related politics have no place here, they are OFFTOPIC, and those
who participate in them (perhaps even myself for this response) should
have their posting rights immediately revoked.  2. Use of this list to
launch personal attacks with tenative if any evidence of any wrongdoing
whatsoever should be grounds to have your posting rights immediately
revoked, and anyone posting from yahoo/gmail/hotmail should have their
posting rights immediately revoked because obviously they have no claim
whatsoever to any critical Network Operations.

--
Andrew D Kirch  |       Abusive Hosts Blocking List      | www.ahbl.org
Security Admin  |  Summit Open Source Development Group  | www.sosdg.org