Re: Spammers Skirt IP Authentication Attempts

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Wed Sep 08 07:20:50 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, vijay gill wrote:

But if instead of foobar.com, it is vix.com or citibank.com, then their SPF records will not point at randomgibberish.comcast.net as an authorized sender. That means that if I do get a mail purporting to be from citi from randomgibberish, I can junk it without hesitation.

Yes, all we need for SPF to work is for spammers to play along and cooperate, and we'll be able to filter out the spam they send.

Earth calling... ;)

/vijay

regards, -- Paul Jakma [email protected] [email protected] Key ID: 64A2FF6A Fortune: The Constitution may not be perfect, but it's a lot better than what we've got!