Re: OT- need a new GSM provider

  • From: Bill Stewart
  • Date: Sat Sep 04 02:25:25 2004

AT&T spun off AT&T Wireless a couple of years ago, and the spinoff is
renting the brand name and the Death Star logo, and probably buys a
bunch of network and telco service from AT&T but is otherwise
unconnected.  As a stockholder of the spinoff company, I'm
disappointed though not surprised that they annoyed you (they've been
annoying lots of their customers recently), but my stock isn't much
affected because Cingular has offered to buy them for $15/share, so
the stock price has stabilized in the mid-$14 range until that happens
or dies.

Meanwhile, AT&T has started to resell Sprint Wireless to their
business customers.