Re: Traffic Volume Manager ? (Previously: RE: Regional differencesin P2P)

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Mon Jul 19 05:21:10 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Hendrianto Muljawan wrote:

> Now, since we are talking about capping on the volume, what is the
> product available on the market which can do both bandwidth and volume
> capping ?

For me, products that do capping on choke points are of very little
interest since they do not scale and often hinder redundancy (all traffic
has to go through a single point).

I prefer to do this on the access port (port of entry), so for me this
would be done at DSLAM or switch port level depending on access type.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]