Re: Even you can be hacked

  • From: Patrick W.Gilmore
  • Date: Thu Jun 10 22:53:08 2004

On Jun 10, 2004, at 10:21 PM, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

David Schwartz wrote:

On Jun 10, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:
The "victim" in the case Sean posted knew he had a worm, got some of
his first bill forgiven, yet did nothing to correct it and acts
surprised when the same thing happens the next month. YES, he is at
fault. Anyone who thinks differently .. uh .. can I buy b/w from you?
:) Oh, and since you feel responsible, I'm only going to pay for the
amount of traffic I think I should have gotten on my web page, even if
I get /.'ed or something. Does $25/Mbps sound good? I plan to use
about 1 Mbps, but I will need an un-rate-limited GigE connection.
I do not believe there is credible evidence that I wrote any of that.
No, I did. Not sure why it got quoted as you, especially since I did not even see David's post quoting it.

Back on topic, offer still stands. Who wants to sell me b/w and take responsibility for anything over what I expect to get / send? It seems there are several people on this list who think the user is not responsible for things like attack traffic, and I would very much like to purchase the services of one or more of them.

--
TTFN,
patrick