Re: Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu May 20 10:05:27 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 22:54:55 EDT, joe <[email protected]>  said:

> either
> 1: SMTP/ESMTP is fixed so that spoofing cannot occur
> or
> 2: Another method/protocol of email/messaging is adopted

3: We change the economics of spamming in some other fashion.  I've been
advocating taking up a collection - every ISP that has an inbound spam problem
kicks in just $100 - if there's 4,000 ISP's in the US (including all those
mom&pop sites with E-bay routers), that's a pretty chunk of change.  We then
hire a few representatives from <choose ethnic organized crime> to "explain our
point of view" to a few of the aforementioned 200 big offenders...

Unfortunately, there's these concepts of "legality" and "morality" involved... :)