RE: Cisco Router best for full BGP on a sub 5K bidget 7500 7200 or other vendor ?

  • From: Alexander Hagen
  • Date: Sun Apr 25 08:43:59 2004

Yes. I've been looking at it and a 7505 with a 3550 behind it seems the
way to go for our type of operation.

As a cost cutting alternative - has anyone played with the 2900 XL
series using sub interfaces to turn them into virtual router ports ? or
vlan groups ?
Is it better to just buy a 3550 ?

Alexander Hagen
Etheric Networks Incorporated, A California Corporation
527 Sixth Street No 371261
Montara CA 94037
Main Line: (650)-728-3375
Direct Line: (650) 728-3086
Cell: (650) 740-0650 (Does not work at our office in Montara)
Home: (Emgcy or weekends) 650-728-5820
fax: (650) 240-1750
http://www.etheric.net