Re: Upcoming change to SOA values in .com and .net zones

  • From: Avleen Vig
  • Date: Thu Jan 08 08:24:22 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:24:33AM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > I didn't notice anybody saying "thank you for doing the right thing
> > by announcing the change" amongst the flurry of jerking knees. So,
> > thank you for doing the right thing. Good luck with the maintenance.
>
> And should we thank Verisign for doing for a very minor change what
> they did not do for a much more crucial change, their wildcards?

Yes we should, and furthermore we should pull out heads OUT of our asses
and stop being so holier-than-thou about it.
Verisign is learning their lesson, and it might take a while yet, but
yes you should be very grateful they gave you some notice.
This community needs to work together, not apart.

Verisign didn't do right last time, but they did this time.
Drop the grudge, and give them a break.

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator