UUNet contact for security spambot?

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Mon Jan 05 11:47:28 2004

Some well-intentioned person at UUNet, in an effort to rid the Internet
of worms, viruses, and evildoers, has written a script that sends email

Mail comes from "[email protected]" with a return path of "[email protected]".

We're getting complaints for an origin IP that neither originates on nor
passes through our network.  I'm not sure why UUNet or their robot assumes
that we can help with the problem.

Replies to the scripted mail appear to go to Dave Null.  If a human at
UU.Net could contact me off-list about this, it would be appreciated.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - [email protected]
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV