Re: UUNet contact for security spambot?

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Jan 05 11:54:39 2004

Jay Hennigan  [1/5/2004 10:14 PM] :

Mail comes from "[email protected]" with a return path of "[email protected]".
I'm getting these too, because whoever it is has been a bit too clever for his own good.

Like - the ARIN contact for a netblock is [email protected], where email.com is a freemail service that we run.

This genius at uunet takes the [email protected], determines that email.com admins can be best reached at [email protected], and sends us reports about an IP that we have zero control over.

Totally dumb, of course ... but luckily not at the sort of volume that is generated by zone alarm type GWF [1] software.

srs

[1] Goober With Firewall

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations