Re: Increase in traffic to/from DSL subs since August?

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Thu Nov 20 16:41:53 2003

At 04:28 PM 20/11/2003, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

At the IETF Plenary, Bernard Aboba showed a graph of spam, with a
marked uptick since SoBig.F in August.  My guess is worm-deposited spam
relays, though Joel's guess of Nachi or Welchia can't be ruled out,
either, without flow data.
I would say all of the above, plus the normal "back from summer holidays, weather is getting worse, lets go on-line instead" phenomena, and "there is now more to do online including cool higher bandwidth net content" all add to higher usage. But I would certainly say worm traffic is a big one.

---Mike