Increase in traffic to/from DSL subs since August?

  • From: Jared B. Reimer
  • Date: Thu Nov 20 16:06:29 2003

Greetings.

Another independent ISP operator and I have noticed a pretty significant increase in traffic to and from our broadband (DSL) subscribers since August. It's been a fairly steady uptick, at least in my case, resulting in a doubling of overall average traffic to/from these folks since then.

Have others seen a similar trend? Any thoughts as to what the cause may be? Our best guess a virus/worm, possibly being used as a spam relay or other proxy at this point...

Many thanks,

-- Jared