Re: cooling systems

  • From: Christopher X. Candreva
  • Date: Wed Nov 05 15:00:31 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> costs, not to mention be a little more environmentally friendly.  We were
> thinking we could circulate the air up to the roof and cool it there inside
> some aluminum ducts and then bring it back down.  We dont want to just
> bring in cold air as it is quite dirty outside since we are next to a major
> highway.  Anyone done anything like this before in a computer room setting ?

Depending on the type of AC you have, it may already do that. If it is, say,
a one piece roof mounted unit, with intake/oulet ducts attached to the
building, then just leave the fan on all the time and it will do what you
want.

If it's a split unit, with copper tubeing bringing the freon from an outside
to inside unit, then this doesn't work.

Chris Candreva  -- [email protected] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/