cooling systems

  • From: Mike Tancsa
  • Date: Wed Nov 05 10:29:50 2003

Faced with the prospect once again of significantly higher energy prices coming to our region, we want to start to look at better and more efficient ways to cool our colocation facility. Right now we have several ton of traditional air conditioning units sucking up electricity like its free. As winter is approaching, surely there must be some computer safe way to take advantage of all that cold outside to help contain our energy costs, not to mention be a little more environmentally friendly. We were thinking we could circulate the air up to the roof and cool it there inside some aluminum ducts and then bring it back down. We dont want to just bring in cold air as it is quite dirty outside since we are next to a major highway. Anyone done anything like this before in a computer room setting ?

---Mike
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications, [email protected]
Providing Internet since 1994 www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada www.sentex.net/mike