Re: OT: Midco.net

  • From: David A. Ulevitch
  • Date: Sat Nov 01 01:26:50 2003

[email protected] wrote:

Sorry for the off topic post, but has anyone dealt with Midco.net? I recently reported a Scan from a node belonging there and have met with
nothing but side steps. Please contact me off list if you have any contacts there. Would like to get this resolved. http://www.rocknyou.com/midco.html

On your site you say your server functions to:
"resolve names for Rocknyou.com, log scans
and evil-do-ers attempting to breakin, and sometimes for fun I run
nmap <http://www.insecure.org/nmap/index.html> back at those bad nodes."
(http://www.rocknyou.com/aboutme.html)

So since tonight is Halloween (GMT -6), would you prefer to be "Pot" or "Kettle?" :)

There are perfectly valid reasons to get scanned, especially by a well known white-hat tool like Nessus. Script-kiddies and spammers have much more robust/directed tools than a general purpose (slow) tool like Nessus.

And from the link you sent about Midco, it looks like they did a fine job responding to your request; probably better than most *SP's would do.

-davidu