Re: sitefinder technical discussions

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Tue Oct 07 00:05:03 2003

Translation:

> In the interest in gaining more community review and comment, a discussion
> list has been setup to discuss factually-based technical issues
> and solutions surrounding the operational impact of wildcards in
> top-level domains on Internet applications.
>
> VeriSign technical people will participate in discussions that are within
> the scope for this mailing list.

"Verisign will discuss the technical impact of this issue on this list.
However, we all agree there is no technical impact, since this works.
Furthermore, by limiting this list to a technical conversation, we will
completely ignore the political impact, and political correctness of these
acts in any forum."

Having been involved in the community internet for as long as I have, I
want to wretch. I'd think Mark would be one of those, as well.