Re: Providers removing blocks on port 135?

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Sat Sep 20 18:07:32 2003

However, I'm not convinced blocking port 25 on dialups helps much with that.
What it does help with is preventing them from connecting to open relays.
The real solution in the long run will be two-fold:

1. Internet hosts need to become less penetrable. (or at least
one particular brand of software)

2. SMTP AUTH will need to become more widespread and end-to-endish.

Owen