Re: Worst design decisions?

  • From: Chris Adams
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 21:23:42 2003

Once upon a time, Ben Browning <[email protected]> said:
> The little clippy widgets (looks kind of like @) on some oldschool racks,
> that hold the nut in place for the hex-head bolt. Why these were considered
> desirable is beyond me.

We've got a bunch of racks like that (and my PDP8 rack at home has them
as well).  The nice thing about them is if you get a screw cross
threaded and chew up the threads, you can pop the clip off and put a new
one on.  With rack rails that are pre-threaded, you've just lost the use
of a hole (or you can try to re-tap the hole, maybe ending up having to
use a non-standard screw for just that hole).

--
Chris Adams <[email protected]>