Re: Worst design decisions?

  • From: Brian Bruns
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 13:47:19 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "E.B. Dreger" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: Worst design decisions?

> You have reminded me of Bay's config GUI.  I shall have
> nightmares tonight.

Ah, the days when I used to work on Bay routers.  I've trashed routers with
the GUI.  Ran like a dog on even the fastest machines.

The CLI config isn't much better either

The best thing though was finding that some of the Bay routers (the ARN
mostly) had their CLI config ripped out to save space on the flash card.
Half the time I was on site with a customer when I discovered this.  I
always carried a Mac laptop, so I was royally screwed.

Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources
http://www.2mbit.com
ICQ: 8077511