Re: .ORG problems this evening

  • From: Keptin Komrade Dr. BobWrench III esq.
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 13:51:23 2003

Todd Vierling wrote:

BGP doesn't know when a DNS server dies.  Therein lies the findamental
problem of using anycast as an application redundancy scheme.
You ever think that maybe, just maybe, Ultra wrote some code to do this?

Yes, it might have concievably failed in a way that seems to have left you and one or two others in the veritable dark, but I don't think, at this point, using NANOG to debug the problem, no matter where it was, is going to be very productive.

But, of course, I don't know anything about using DNS and anycast. ;-)

Bob