RE: ICANN - Formal Complaint re Verisign

  • From: Gerald
  • Date: Thu Sep 18 13:07:38 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Matthew Zito wrote:

> As someone who has dealt extensively with GeoTrust, I can assure you, they
> are not owned by Verisign.  They're a totally separate company that has the
> old equifax root cert.

Agreed. I used Equifax before they handed off to Geotrust. Both have done
a good job and are less painful (& less expensive) to deal with than
VeriSign. I've never had to interact with either beyond purchasing single
web certs at a time though.

Gerald

- How are ya? Never been better, ... Just once I'd like to be better.