Re: What *are* they smoking?

  • From: Marc Slemko
  • Date: Mon Sep 15 20:13:40 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> VeriSign: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
>
> And don't try to tell us that you want to "help" users who mistype
> addresses. You want to make money with typos, that's all. Any "Site
> Finder" stuff is absurd by itself.

and their list of justifications for why what they are doing in
their whitepaper is just... completely laughable.

And so much for the claims their representatives made to the press
the other week that it would only impact "web browsing" (as if such
a thing were even possible.

They clearly are not thinking very well at all of anything beyond
HTTP requests made by humans sitting in front of a web browser.

Oh, I'm sure their technical people are very aware of all the stuff it
will break.  But the company doesn't care, why should they?

They know very well who they are and what they are breaking.