Re: What *are* they smoking?

  • From: Matthew Crocker
  • Date: Mon Sep 15 19:24:31 2003

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 07:11 PM, George William Herbert wrote:

A wildcard A record in the net TLD.
It's Verisign's return shot at the web browser "couldn't find this page"
searches. Doesn't seem to have much by way of advertising yet, but I'm
sure that'll change. I heard about this coming from somewhere last week,
though I don't recall where. Probably Wired or the WSJ. Verisign wants
the revenue that all those typos are generating. It's just the next shot
in the eyeball war.
This is sufficiently technically and business slimy that
I would null-route that IP, personally.

Nah, just route it to a Linux box with transparent proxy and show your own 'Websites-R-Us' page to your customers.