Re: some wide-scale airline reservations issue

  • From: Sean Butler
  • Date: Tue Aug 19 16:47:18 2003

At 04:01 PM 8/19/2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:
sobig.f is REALLY making the rounds. I think its been effective as it plays on the public awareness of "some security hole" and "needed fixes from Microsoft." As the worm says, "Hi, I am from Microsoft, you need this patch" a greater than normal amount of people are suspending their judgement and clicking on it.
Hmm, the ones I have seen only say "See the attached file for details," nothing about MSFT.

/Sean