Re[2]: Power outage in North East

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Thu Aug 14 22:36:04 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:24:00 -0700 Randy Bush <[email protected]> wrote:
> perhaps we should wait for the dust to settle a bit?

but guessing is so much fun...

this, from a NERC spokesperson, is about as authoritative as you're
likely to get right now. NERC does know their business when it comes to
this stuff.

"The North American Electric Reliability Council, an industry group
 responsible for monitoring the integrity of the system, said the power
 outages were "widespread and appear to be centered around Lake Erie,
 although they are affecting the entire eastern interconnection."
"We do not know the cause at present but will continue to evaluate the
 situation," said Ellen Vancko, speaking for the council.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [email protected]