Re: Server Redundancy

  • From: John Kinsella
  • Date: Wed Aug 06 17:37:34 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 01:50:33PM -0400, Jason Dixon wrote:
> I second this suggestion.  I worked briefly at F5 Networks in 2001 and
> was responsible for supporting Big-IP and 3DNS.  Both are very nice
> products, but NOT cheap.

I've used them all fairly heavily, except the Foundry gear.  Alteon's my
personal fave.  Biggest problem with the F5:  hard drive.  In my book,
that means you instantly need two, doubling the price.

For price concerns, tho, just check ebay.  $13k AD3s for $2500...don't
say nothing good came from the dotcom crash.

John