Re: Mark Allman: Internet measurement: what next?

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Mon Jul 07 14:42:55 2003

Mark Allman wrote:

Folks-

I sent the following note out the Internet Measurement Research
Group (of the IRTF) mailing list last week. I'd love to hear from
operations folk on these sorts of question... i.e., what would you
love to be able to measure that you can't do terribly effectivly
today?

I'd like to masure throughtput, latency, and jitter of the entire Internet in a 3d model accessible via VR gear, color coded links, and cool abilities to highlight a path and examine it. Oh, and for interconnect points where you have access, a VR telnet session would be nice.

(a boy can dream, can't he?)

-Jack