Re: Mailing list for AADS participants

  • From: Jeff Bartig
  • Date: Thu Jun 26 18:26:23 2003

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 06:12:21PM -0500, John Kristoff wrote:
> Regardless of what many of you may think of AADS generally, are
> there people who would be interested in joining an AADS mailing
> list, primarily to be used for broadcasting downtime notices or
> for discussing Chicago NAP specific issues.
>
> Perhaps a mailing list for other specific exchanges may be in
> order also and I'll entertain hosting those as well, but I'm
> presently interested in AADS since that is where we are at.
>
> Please reply offline.  If there appears to be enough interest
> I'll setup the list and make a single announcement here.  Please
> pass this on to others as appropriate.

People still use the AADS NAP?  :-(  All of the departures are
getting frustrating, especially after we upgraded our full OC-3
to an OC-12.  All our big peers went bankrupt or depeered with
us after that.

Sure, I would like to join this type of list.  It is too bad
that SBC doesn't already run a list like this or make any
effort to promote peering at the NAP.  Have you gotten any
other interest in it?

Jeff

--
Jeff Bartig                  |  University of Wisconsin - Madison
[email protected]          |  Division of Information Technology