Re: sFLOW collector?

  • From: Peter John Hill
  • Date: Wed Apr 02 13:54:36 2003

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 12:28  PM, Darrell Carley wrote:

If someone could point me in the right direction, or recommend another free
collector that could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
We use Argus
http://www.qosient.com/argus/
I guess we kind of have a paternal link to it. It is very nice, very flexible. We are able to monitor our core network, our egress. It has a nice model, using probes to get the data and collectors to (guess what) collect the data. For any significant amount of traffic, you don't want to do complex filtering of the data on the same machine that is trying to collect that data.

I am a user of the software, not an implementer or inhouse developer of it, so I don't know how hard it is to get up and running. Using it is fairly simple though. It is quite flexible and worth looking at.

Peter Hill
Network Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University