Re: Who uses RADB? [was BGP to doom us all]

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Sun Mar 02 22:56:41 2003

--- Joe Abley <[email protected]> wrote:
> Generating route filters from the IRR via a small
> lump of script has
> the potential to be cheaper, quicker, more efficient
> and less
> customer-enraging than the common alternative
> approach of opening six
> different tickets with the NOC and sacrificing small
> animals for three
> weeks until the updates are made.

When I was at $LARGE_PROVIDER, I was working on a
project to port all of the customer IP information
over to route-objects for precicely this purpose: the
goal was that customers would be able to update their
filters automatically (and get rWHOIS for free -
simplifying additional ARIN allocation requests).

Sadly for that project, after I left, the little Ultra
5 was abandoned, and AFAIK is still sitting in my old
lab, unused - and after the most recent (quarterly)
staff-bloodletting, there certainly won't be resources
to devote to a project like that.  Sigh.

=====
David Barak
-fully RFC 1925 compliant-