RE: Thanks! Re: Re: Root DNS Server Issues?

  • From: Doug Barton
  • Date: Fri Oct 04 21:42:35 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Bodie Francis wrote:

> I am sure Doug and others could use this to reduce the typing (the reason
> Unix was invented) when doing recursive queries for delegations (it even
> identifies lame delegations quite nicely.)

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My example was intended to be pedantic, as
opposed to actually being useful. dnstracer is an interesting program, but
I have a home-grown tool of my own that I use for day to day delegation
chain sniffing. The dig in bind 9 also has a new trace option that's
fairly useful.

Doug