Re: Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

  • From: sgorman1
  • Date: Thu Sep 05 13:20:53 2002

Sean,

I completely agree with statement.  It is not a matter of wanting to
know where the importants hubs are - we have a pretty good handle on
that, but what the impacts would be of a hub loss from an operational
stand point.  Maybe this is a discussion that needs to be off-line.
My goal is to provide some context and validation for the research
that is being carried out.

There have been some interesting discussion on this forum about multi-
provider cooperation in case of emergencies/catastropes.  Your
suggestion of the creation of a directory for contacts across
providers was an insightful addition.  I believe more discussion along
these lines would be of benefit.  The desire is for something high
level, not any network details that could prove compromising.

Thanks,

sean