Re: Max Prefixes Configured on Customer BGP

  • From: Peter E. Fry
  • Date: Thu Aug 15 21:08:28 2002

On 15 Aug 2002 at 17:38, Joe Wood wrote:

[...]
> It's been my experience that a lot of the providers that do prefix
> filtering on customer BGP sessions take great amounts of time before they
> act on the prefix-filter update request. This much fun when it's 5pm or
> later and you really need to announce a new customer netblock.

  How often do you run into that situation?
  I understand that you may not like it when you do, but a little
planning on someone's part somewhere down the line eases the pain for
everyone.
  It depends upon experience.  You'd never have formed that opinion
if you were my customer.

Peter E. Fry

No, I never thought much of emoticons.