RE: Any people still with old filters?

  • From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist
  • Date: Mon Jul 29 14:26:52 2002

...and the clue-less on the Internet is (still) less than 80%. It's more
like 20%. See http://mcvax.org/~jhma/routing for one example of how much
we  could gain if we actually aggregated...
This was hinted at in the peering debate, but wouldn't it help the cause
of aggregation if networks stopped requiring a large number of prefixes in
order to establish peering?
Interesting point. But peering is a commercial relationship. Basing it on number of prefixes is IMO a wierd view, but yes that is done. It CAN be a meassurement, but hopefully people using it as an argument is clever enough to actually look at the routes - not just the numbers of them.

I seriously doubt that this is the real reason for the routes though.

Best regards,

- kurtis -