RE: Bogon list or Dshield.org type list

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Mon Jul 29 15:36:39 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, jnull wrote:
> ISPs won't shut someone down because they've been "hacked", merely send
> them a warning Email or call--a process that takes days in my
> experience.

Worse -- there is an increasing number of ASNs spewing traffic onto the
internet with NOBODY AT THE WHEEL. We got attacked by some hosts in
UniNet S.A. de C.V. (NETBLK-UNINET-NETBLK-12) UNINET-NETBLK-12
                                                 148.221.0.0 - 148.221.255.255
there is not a single working contact for that netblock. I have been going
in circles with their upstream, AS7911, for two goddamn months trying to
find a working contact for those netblocks. Turns out that AS7911 is
unable to find any contact information for their own customer, and now
they are not returning emails or phone calls at all anymore...

So AS7911 is asleep at the wheel, and AS8151 is a script kiddie network on
autopilot... Be warned. You may want to blackhole AS8151...

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]