RE: Draft of Rep. Berman's bill authorizes anti-P2P hacking

  • From: Rowland, Alan D
  • Date: Thu Jul 25 16:13:45 2002

First I agree that this is BAD on general principle but...

IANAL but IMHO spewing cracked copies of say, Photoshop, or other copyright
violations might be considered probable cause with the specific place/things
being the share program and it's contents.

Sharing the content of your favorite program/CD/DVD with the world has never
met "fair use."

I had significant input in my life regarding the difference between "can"
and "may." IMHO significant numbers of net citizens have forgotten that
difference.

Just my 2�.

Best regards,
Alan Rowland