Re: Draft of Rep. Berman's bill authorizes anti-P2P hacking

  • From: Joseph T. Klein
  • Date: Thu Jul 25 15:20:19 2002

I would argue that my home computer is the repository of my papers
and effects. No place in the below law does it limit the restriction
to the government only. Indeed any law passed giving sanction to any
party having the right IMHO is in direct violation of both the spiret
and the letter of the Bill of Rights.

Amendment IV

violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The dogs of stupidy have been unleashed.