Re: Name Server Change-over completed

  • From: Brian Wallingford
  • Date: Mon Jul 01 05:36:20 2002

:I guess the moon is in phase with some star somewhere, and now it's time to
:argue who's root is he "real" root...  Barf.  Enough already  -  we all have
:our own roots. one guy follows Vixies roots, while I typically roll my
:own.  Many others do other things.

The moon was full last tuesday - I'm normally prepared for the kooks that
come out of the woodwork on such days, but you've successfully foiled me
on that end with your delay.

:The final point of this insanity is that there is NOT a single root.  Hasn't
:been for a hell of a long time, and I suspect that there never will be
:again.

By definition, there can be only one root, dns or otherwise.  Of course,
there are alternate "roots" to which folks like yourself subscribe - have
fun.  The inherent/obvious problem is that only folks as misguided as
yourself will (ahem) benefit from the use of your "root" zone.  That
rather limits the reachability of sites subscribing to your ideals, no?

As somebody who's fairly well-versed wrt dns asked earlier, "got an rfc#"?

:>  > Its no joke.
:>
:> The only joke here is your lack of knowledge concerning basic networking
:> concepts like DNS.
:
:I sayth to you, the parties in interest: Deal with it.  It aint gonna
:change.

Everybody's dealing.  Kudos for the comic relief.

:The views expressed here are mine, and NOT those of my employers,
:associates, or others.  Besides, if it *were* the opinion of all of
:those people, I doubt there would be a problem to bitch about in the
:first place...

Wow - someone employs you?

Say "Hi" to Jim Fleming for me.

Apologies to all for the troll reply.