RE: [OT]Microsoft makes networked software 'illegal' on XPunless you pay them...

  • From: Benjamin P. Grubin
  • Date: Sun Apr 21 12:04:39 2002

Err--I think you guys are reading too much into this.  The license (to
me, and IANAL), seems to indicate that the workstation cannot be used as
a server unless you purchase server licenses.  It strikes me that
language very similar to this has been in the workstation products since
NT4.

I do, OTOH, think that the legal ramifications sounds quite far-reaching
since the language is so broad.