RE: Cisco PPP DS-3 limitations - 42.9Mbpbs?

  • From: Goodwin, Dustin T [IT]
  • Date: Wed Feb 20 11:28:56 2002

Assuming this utilization figure is correct the other way to milk a higher
utilization out of the link is by using Random Early Detect (RED) or
Weighted RED. This will eliminate jagged utilization pattern you see in
fully consumed link which is caused by TCP window synchronization. RED will
give you a smoother utilization line that is closer to maximum theoretical
throughput of the link.

- Dustin -