"Tier 1 Backbones" which don't filter IP packets?

  • From: Ehud Gavron
  • Date: Sun Jan 27 16:57:04 2002

While developing yet another revision to the NANOG
Traceroute (ftp://ftp.login.com/pub/software/traceroute)
I noticed that one of our new DS3 providers administratively
prohibits all LSRR and SSRR packets.

Are there any other "Tier-1" providers who either
	a. Claim to filter these packets
	b. Don't claim to but do filter them
	c. Don't filter them

Please respond privately; if there's interest (privately expressed)
I'll summarize to the list.

If you also have other unofficial filters you're aware of that
nationwide backbones impose on DS3 and higher customers... I'll
be happy to summarize that as well.

Ehud