Re: traffic filtering

  • From: Niels Bakker
  • Date: Sun Jan 27 13:37:37 2002

* [email protected] (Stephen Griffin) [Thu 24 Jan 2002, 18:04 CET]:
[whether to filter addresses at the boundaries of /24's]
> It appears that microsoft boxes may have some issues due to bugs in their
> networking code. I'm going to attempt to address those with Microsoft.

At a previous employer handing out addresses ending in .0 or .255 out of
a netblock in "traditional class C space" to dialup customers often
caused problems for them.  I don't know whether that was due to the
equipment used (Cisco AS5300/AS5800) or to the clients (Windows 98 and
similar ilk); I suspect the latter, though, although the former had
their own set of problems...

Regards,

	-- Niels.

--
"The Internet is totally out of control, impossible to map accurately,
 and being used far beyond its original intentions.  So far, so good."