Filtering Best Practices, et al (Was Verio Peering, Gordon's Knot)

  • From: Grant A. Kirkwood
  • Date: Tue Oct 09 10:45:05 2001

Not to beat an already-decaying horse, BUT...

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new border router, and the
recent debate on the above topic got me wondering what the best practice
filtering policy is? Is there one?

And what do people put in place in terms of anti-spoofing ACLs and such?
There's a wealth of information on these topics, but no real consensus.

Or am I just reopening an ugly can of worms here?

TIA,

--
Grant A. Kirkwood - [email protected]
Chief Technology Officer - Virtical Solutions, Inc.