RE: Worm probes

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Tue Sep 18 15:38:58 2001

There has already been a massive application of the patches, according to
www.netcraft.com at http://www.netcraft.com/survey/#August, Code Red
vulnerability has dropped to less than 20%, since July. It continues to
drop. Your general characterization of cluelessness is a bit unfair. It is
puzzeling that root.exe vulnerability is the only indicator that continues
to rise, albeit slowly. Netcraft shows it to be >10% at the moment.

BTW, I'm still seeing massive scanning activity.