Smurf Amplification and Sonoma Access

  • From: Jon Stanley
  • Date: Sat Jul 14 19:54:47 2001

I have a big problem with the Sonoma Access prodcut that I have not been able to figure out how to solve, hoping maybe someone here has the product and can help.

Basically the problem is that the box is a smurf amplifer by default, and there seems to be no way to disable it.  I have looked through both the console interface and the SonomaView GUI with no success.  Being that we have a fairly significant amount of these on our network, this is a major problem.

By the way, this product is the same as the Nortel Universal Edge 640, they bought Sonoma.....

Any help would be appreciated....