Re: C&W Peering

  • From: Christopher A. Woodfield
  • Date: Mon Jun 04 20:26:27 2001

THE UNITED STATES and Offnet Connectivity
Cable & Wireless chose to terminate connectivity with
PSINet on 2June01.  Over 90% of the traffic that used
to be routed through C&W is now being routed via other means
through our robust global free peering infrastructure.
The remaining 10% or so represents C&W customers that have
been deliberately cut off from PSINet by C&W.  While PSINet
is ready and willing to re-establish connectivity with
C&W at any time, it is up to C&W to choose to reverse their
previous decision.  In the meantime, PSINet can offer
services directly to those C&W customers that are affected.

OK, PSI seems to assert that 90% of C&W networks are still accessable from
PSI customers. NANOG research so far has determined that this is
definitely *not* the case. If anyone has evidence to support PSI's claim,
please post.

Dear PSI: this may not be directly your fault, but dammit, own up to the
scope of the issue. It's in your interest to take advantage of being the
"good guy" for once, so don't ruin it by lying about the scope of the
problem.

I don't think that this is going to be solved by C&W reversing themselves;
I think PSI is going to have to get itself some transit, and quickly.

-C

--
Christopher A. Woodfield		[email protected]

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B