Re: Scanning (was Re: Stealth Blocking)

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Sat May 26 22:49:11 2001

William Allen Simpson wrote:

> In short, methinks you protesteth too much.

As a quick update, I'll point out that two years ago, ORBS may have
been called IMRSS and/or Dorkslayers, a distinction without a
difference.

I just received proof positive that Greg is an ORBS supporter, just in
case the trolls were not recognized as such.  He won't accept email
(from my SO's home)....  Yet, last time I checked, Earthlink didn't
allow outside relaying -- and I cannot send SMTP thru Earthlink to my
own ISP, as port 25 appears to be blocked.

<[email protected]>

... while talking to mail.weird.com.:
>>> HELO ostrich.mail.pas.earthlink.net
<<< 550-You are not permitted to send mail from ostrich.mail.pas.earthlink.net[207.217.120.14].
<<< 550-All SMTP connections have been blocked from that address
<<< 550-because it matches the RBL (Realtime/Reverse Blocking List):
<<< 550-
<<< 550-        14.120.217.207.spamsource-netblocks.orbs.org    A	127.0.0.8
<<< 550-
<<< 550-Please note the following important additional information:
<<< 550-
<<< 550-   Earthlink/Mindspring. Prolific spam source. No sign of action against spammers in recent months.