Re: Scanning (was Re: Stealth Blocking)

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sun May 27 13:39:14 2001

William Allen Simpson wrote:

> As a quick update, I'll point out that two years ago, ORBS may have
> been called IMRSS and/or Dorkslayers, a distinction without a
> difference.

IMRSS was run by Ron Guilmette out in California. ORBS used to be
Dorkslayers and is operated by Alan Brown.

> I just received proof positive that Greg is an ORBS supporter, just in
> case the trolls were not recognized as such.  He won't accept email
> (from my SO's home)....  Yet, last time I checked, Earthlink didn't
> allow outside relaying -- and I cannot send SMTP thru Earthlink to my
> own ISP, as port 25 appears to be blocked.

(finally) but Earthlink has had a lot of problems in the past.
Earthlink USED to be a huge spam sewer (yes, I meant sewer, not spewer
:)

So any blacklistings are probably in place for historical reasons.

You could argue that the lists should be modified if the spam sources
are no longer spam sources, and I would agree with you, but that isn't
under Greg's direct control.

--
Tired of Earthlink? Get JustTheNet!
Nationwide Dialup, ISDN, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, T-1, T-3, and more.