Re: 2 Wire T1 - HDLC

  • From: mike harrison
  • Date: Tue May 15 07:44:49 2001

> On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 05:41:01PM -0400, mike harrison wrote:
> > Whats funny is I got 2 private emails from BellSouth engineering types
> > that did not know they were being installed in this region.
>
> Come on, isn't that just a slightly ludicrous remark? ;)
>
> Funny enough BellSouth is a huge company (somewhere beyond 100k employees
> if I remember correctly) and IP geeks in the ISP part of the company many

Hey.. I was not dis'ing BellSouth (for a change), it was just funny
that they did not know they were being used. Yes, I know BS is a
very big company, I have even done a few sub-contract jobs for
them and have friends at BS. It's a bit like the Catholic Church:
it's a wonder something that big works so well, let alone at all
(that was a complement).

But after reviewing all of the wonderful techno-jargon going around,
I have come to the conclusion that the same thing applies towards
2 wire/4wire T1's as applied to many technowonders we work with.

My summary:

  "Depending upon the LEC, Engineer for that circuit, equipment
  used, and evaluation of facilities available for each circuit,
  and available vendors hardware (PairGain/ADC...) at that moment,
  as well as other variables, there exists a plethoria of options
  for providing what various routers see as a standard ESF/B8ZS T1 at
  their interface. What matters is they see it and it works."

    --Mike--