Re: 2 Wire T1 - HDLC

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Tue May 15 05:14:02 2001

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 05:41:01PM -0400, mike harrison wrote:
> Whats funny is I got 2 private emails from BellSouth engineering types
> that did not know they were being installed in this region.

Come on, isn't that just a slightly ludicrous remark? ;)

Funny enough BellSouth is a huge company (somewhere beyond 100k employees
if I remember correctly) and IP geeks in the ISP part of the company many
not be intimately familiar with the myriad of products the phone company
is brewing up for its various field deployments.

To expect that anyone from anywhere is intimately familiar with everything
everybody does at any given point in time is just flatout insane ;-)..

For all I care, as long as it looks like a T1 at the edge of the network,
performs like one, it could be anything in the middle.  Including, but not
limited to T1 spoofed by means of various PairGain gear, the usual suspects
of optical contraptions, MPLS, microwave, RFC1149, or perhaps SneakerNet.

But, nice try at a stab, tho. ;)

--
Christian Kuhtz <[email protected]> -wk, <[email protected]> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.